The Vision: 2025 Pledge for Outdoor Live Events
Our mission is to inspire a significant reduction in the climate impacts of outdoor live events by 2025 (and beyond). Become a member event by taking a simple pledge to take action – there are no fees.
Your starting point does not matter to us – we are only interested in where we will go together. Every event is unique, and each journey to net zero is different, but the steps we need to take are basically the same, and we can learn from each other’s experiences.
What we will provide
We will provide you with tools, resources, guides, news, case studies, and a green supplier directory to help you on your journey to net zero. We also provide members with access to invite-only events, advice through industry briefings, and connect people and organisations. Members receive a welcome pack, which includes assets to shout about the great work we will do together with audiences and stakeholders.
What we ask of members in a nutshell
- Be serious about taking climate action
- Develop and publish a net zero strategy for your company/event [find help with this in our resource hub by searching under the theme ‘net zero’
- Measure your emissions and report annually
- Fill out an anonymous annual members survey
- Be part of the community
If that sounds good (and we can help you with all of this), read on to check out and take the pledge. Not sure? Check out the members that have already joined us below, or get in touch to ask a question.
The Vision:2025 Pledge
The Vision: 2025 roadmap and pledge are based on the findings of the Show Must Go On Report.
“We aim to significantly reduce our climate impacts (annual Green House Gas emissions and other impacts) by 2025. As a Vision: 2025 member, we will put the following measures in place to achieve this:
- Develop and publish a net zero strategy for our company or event
- Measure emissions annually
- Reduce consumption of fossil fuels onsite
- Reduce waste and aim for 50% (or more) recycling rates
- Work with audiences, suppliers and artists to positively influence travel choices and reduce travel-related emissions
- Improve accountability and the sustainability of food sourcing
- Working together as an industry to share experiences (positive and negative) about changes we make, sharing best practice and working towards industry standards
- Take part in the annual Industry Green Survey so we can track trends and report back to members
- Find ways to Inspire audiences, artists and supply chain to make positive changes
- Display the Vision: 2025 logo on our website.
Find help with this in our resource hub by searching under the theme appropriate theme e.g. energy, travel etc..]