The Showman’s Show is the UK’s original and most comprehensive exhibition of products and services for the festival, outdoor and special event industry.
The Show is keen to highlight suppliers who are making a special effort towards environmentally sustainable practices, products and services.
A few years ago, we introduced the Green Supplier and Innovation Award. This has developed and is now in partnership with Festival Vision: 2025.
The award is open to every company exhibiting at The Showman’s Show and is free to enter.
The organisers of The Showman’s Show recognise the great importance of minimising their environmental impact and are committed to implementing change and utilising ethical practices, where reasonably practicable, throughout the event.
They aim to encourage a sustainable approach within the event industry, and communicate this effectively to all stakeholders, including: staff, exhibitors, contractors and attendees wherever possible.
Sustainability initiatives by the organisers;
- Travel – Encourage and support car sharing and the use of public transport where possible. A free shuttle bus from Newbury Station to the Showground will operate on the 2 Show days.
- Balance our travel miles with Ecolibrium! We’re working with the charity Ecolibrium to balance our fossil-fuel travel miles, 100% of our donation will be invested directly into clean renewable energy.
- Encourage all stakeholders to bring along a reusable water bottle and coffee cup. There will be free drinking water fill up points.
- We work closely with our power supplier to increase our energy efficiency, and over the years have managed to reduce our fuel consumption by 50%.
- We follow the waste hierarchy (prevention, minimisation, reuse, recycling, energy recovery, disposal) and encourage all stakeholders to minimise the waste they produce and to use the recycling bins and skips provided.
- Our registered offices are powered by a 100% renewable energy tariff.
- We work closely with, and invest in, organisations that are promoting and supporting the improvement of the event industry’s environmental impact.