As a B Corp Certified sustainable impact and behavioural change agency, betternotstop (BNS) supports responsible festivals to improve and communicate their positive actions to the audience. In 2022 they worked with Kendal Calling to create the “Leave Nothing but Memories” Campaign, an impact strategy which influenced audience behaviour. This resulted in a measurable positive impact across all areas of the festival.
It was important to create an overarching strategy that would become a multiyear campaign to support and improve their sustainability goals and share that with their audience. BNS looks at how implementing positive behavioural change in the audience, key stakeholders and within organisations can help develop stronger brand loyalty, reduce waste and energy costs, and create sponsorship opportunities to support festivals’ positive impact.
Last year they also created an Industry ‘More Than Music’ Report, which looked at the current trends, challenges and opportunities facing the UK music festival industry and how BNS can support positive change.
Andy Smith from Superstruct Group said: “We loved working with betternotstop and have extended our relationship in 2023 to create more in-depth change, as well engaging them for bluedot, another festival within the Superstruct Group”
Key 2022 highlights:
- 98.03% of tents were taken home from the festival
- Campsite crew dedicated to litter picking and data collection in the main campsite
- 300+ hours spent litter picking by a new campsite crew
- 250 surveys undertaken over the festival weekend (spread across the campsite and main arena)
- Carlisle Refugee Action Group took 65 tents and 42 sleeping bags